Sapporo Convention Bureau will provide several programs for cultural experiences. Voluntary translators will be available.
Sado (Japanese tea ceremony) experience
Learn the history behind sado, or the way of tea, and join a ceremony dedicated to the making and drinking of Zen-influenced drink.
- Date and Time: Tuesday 9th July, 2:00-4:00 pm
- Capacity: 100
- Place: First floor of the conference hall
- Reservation: Everyone is welcome without reservation
Shodo (Japanese calligraphy) experience
Learn the techniques of shodo, an art form of calligraphy, which is about the balance of the characters, graduations of ink, and subtle differences in brush strokes.
- Date and Time: Thursday 11th July, 2:00-2:30 pm | 3:00-3:30 pm
- Capacity: 30 (15 persons at a time)
- Place: Conference room 3
- Reservation: Reservation required in advance